Learner Net is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
To provide better services to you, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.Learner.Net (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to create an account on our site, subscribing to our newsletter, accessing our community groups, posting material, or requesting further services or assistance. We may also ask you for additional information occasionally, for example if you have any inquiries or feedback or in connection with a promotion or when you report a problem or provide us with any feedback.
- if you contact us, we may maintain a file of such correspondences
- we may also ask for survey information for our business purposes, although you are not obliged to respond to them
- transaction information and transaction activity carried out on our site
- details of your visits to our website and any resources accessed
We only retain your personal information for so long as it is necessary. Data may be archived if the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
Uses made of the information
The objectives for which information may be used by us in and outside Singapore include:
- ensuring that the information presented on our website is in the most effective presentation for you and your operating system
- providing updates such as newsletters, educational content, notes, requested information, alerts on your lessons or interactions with other users, information which you may find useful, etc.
- fulfilling any obligations arising from any transactions between you and us
- allowing you access to interact with others on our website when you elect to do so
- conducting customer surveys and questionnaires for customer profiling and segmentation, statistical analysis, for the purpose of product and service improvements
- complying with laws and regulations applicable to us or any of our affiliates in or outside Singapore
- legal proceedings, including collecting late payments and seeking professional and legal guidance
- innovating, research, design and the creation of new products and services
- promotion and marketing services, including digital marketing, subject to your exercise of the opt-out right or
- purposes directly related or incidental to the above
We intend to use your data in direct marketing such as direct mailers and billboards, and we require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. Connected to this, please note that:
- your name, contact details (including address, contact number, email address), products and services information, browsing and transaction patterns and behaviour, background and demographic information held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
- the following classes of services, products and topics may be marketed in direct marketing:
- services and products related to our site and/or our affiliates (companies which we have partnered with to bring relevant promotions, products, and services to you)
- reward, loyalty or privilege plans, promotions, related services and
- invitations to events such as seminars/webinars/tele-seminars, conferences, face to face programs or events
- Direct marketing may be conducted through email, direct messaging, direct mail, physical or e-publications, SMS, telephone, and other communication channels. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply emailing a blank email with ‘unsubscribe’ as the subject to email@example.com.
Disclosure of your information
In our day-to-day business operations, we pledge to keep your personal data confidential, but we may provide information to
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services
- our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners, business operation subsidiaries and counterparts
- persons under a duty of care to you and a duty of confidentiality to us
- Institutions, entities, and persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside Singapore or
- actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services in or outside Singapore
Learner Net uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are needed for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical / Performance cookies. These cookies enable us to know how visitors use and move around the site, as well as how many visitors are on the website day to day. This helps us to present the information we have on hand in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise users when they return to the website. These allow for greater personalization, like remembering your region and preferred language.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to Learner Net, the pages visited, and the links clicked. We will use this information to customize displayed products to make it more relevant to your interests and choices. We may also share this information with our vendors to improve our service offerings.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web traffic analytic service operated by Google Inc. (“Google”). Please read https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners to find out how Google uses your information when you use our website and how you can decide what information you share with Google.
In addition, you can stop Google’s collection and processing of your personal data by using the Google Ads Settings page or downloading and installing their browser plug-in (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk, and you agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security while accessing the Internet that is out of our control. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may hold your data on servers in Singapore and any other territories as we see fit from time to time. We may also transfer your data to our overseas offices or to any parties listed in Disclosure of your information above, who may be in or outside of Singapore.
Your consent and rights
By continuing to use our services, creating an account, or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this policy.
Under the Personal Data Protection Act (the “PDPA”), individuals have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data
- to require us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any data relating to you that is inaccurate
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us and
- to object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes and we shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes after you communicate your objection to us
You may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us if you wish to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Please send requests for such objections, access to data, correction of data, information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held, questions, feedback, or complaints to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the terms of the PDPA, we have the right to and may charge a minimum fee for processing any data access request.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Last updated: 14th June 21